Wednesday 5 May 2010

Vittorio Guidano: my master en psychology



Vittorio Guidano (1944-1999) was born in Italy. He is founder of post-rationalism. He studied medicine in University of Rome and then he specialized in neuropsychiatry in University of Pisa.
His work can be separated en two phases. The first phase begins in 1975 where he sought to extend traditional association empiricist epistemological perspective through an elaboration of a psychology of self. He came to notion of personal identity as a hierarchy of knowledge, emotions, perception and memory as a true and proper structural theory of the self and the world conscious.
The second phase in 80’s, he publishes “Cognitive Processes and Emotional Disorders”, in which he tried to develop a model of dynamic development of self in line with epistemological revision carried forward. Progressive integration of organization of knowledge of self and world, which takes place during various phases of “development”, and active process of a “conduit” through relational relations, which define evolutionary context, building a personal identity in terms of uniqueness and continuity.
I like what V. Guidano proposes, because it moves from a descriptive psychopathology to evolutive and procedural psychopathology and because he developed psychotherapeutic intervention strategies more focused on the reconstruction and reorganization of patterns of personal meaning.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in my first year in psychology, and all I know is about Freud, and don't like him. I want to know more of this and others psychologists!. I really like the idea of the post-racionalism and the modern theories renewed the concept about psychotherapy.
    See you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pame!!...
    I like his proposes, and his theory.
    Last week I read "Cognitive Processes and Emotional Disorders” and I liked it very very much!.
    I think that Guidano is a important person in psychology field. I agree with his constructivist epistemological.
    That's all!
    We see you
    good luck

    ReplyDelete