Tuesday 18 May 2010

Grunge Music!

Hello, I'm going to talk about grunge.
Grunge is a movement musical that started in Seattle at the end of 80’ with bands from state of Washington in USA.
It is believed that term comes from a relaxed pronunciation of adjectivegrungy”. That term usually use in USA to refer to dirty.
It’s considered a subgenre of rock and too is calledSound of SeattleorSeattle Scene”. The first company that promoted and gave to know this genre it wasSub Pop”. The company supported the first bands like as Green River, Soundgarden and Nirvana.
Grunge like genre musical is characterized for distorted guitars, repetitive melodies and heavy battery.
The letters of songs of grunge bands distinguished by their disenchantment and apathy, and by discuss topics like as alienation, search of freedom or social marginalization. Across those letters of songs, the musicians show his disagreement
with society. But not all the songs express disagreement
, too there are songs about love, humor, etc.
Grunge music was expanded around the world during first decade of 90’, driven by the success commercial of albumsNevermindof Nirvana and “Ten” of Pearl Jam.
The most famous bands were Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Mudhoney, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains. Today still doing music only Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Mudhoney, Stone Temple Pilots and The Melvins. Soundgarden decided to meet this year and have made some presentations.
I hope that Soundgarden made a world tour and come to Chili.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Pamela!
    I think that the grunge music is wonderful. Pearl Jam is my favourite band of this genre of music and Nirvana too. This music make me think in my childhood and my brother.

    See you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear classmate How are you?
    I hope that you’re fine.
    In relation to this kind of music I don’t like it. Grunge for me is Stressful, it alters me.
    Only I like one song of Pearl Jam, but I don’t know its name.
    I prefer for example Tracy Chapman, another kind of music is more romantic. =)
    Well Pame See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete