Tuesday 1 June 2010

The Godfather

Hello, I’m going to talk about my favorite film.

My favorite film is “The Godfather”. These are a series of films directed by Francis Ford Coppola. These are based on the book of the same name wroted by Mario Puzzo. Eventhough I love the whole “Godfather saga” ,my favorite is the second part, and I will talk about this one.

The film relates two parallels plots in different times. The main plot is the continuation of the first film, and tells us about Corleone family in the 50’s and the life of the younger godfather´s son -Michael Corleone- as “Don”. The second plot is a flashback that tells us about Vito Corleone, Michael´s father, and his life in Italy and USA before he will be the godfather. I like so much the flashbacks even though the principal history is very entertaining too.

I love this film because tells how Vito Corleone become a “Don”. He was a kid when his father is murdered in Sicily, by a capo of Mafia called Don Ciccio. His name in Italy was Vito Andollini but when he arrived to USA, his last name was changes by Corleone due to an error. Corleone was the village where he lived.

Vito grows in "little Italy" in New York early twentieth century. Film doesn’t shows the growth of Vito Corleone, only shows when he arrived to USA and shows when Vito got married and knowns his friend, Clemenza , and how they enter to the world of the Mafia.

The three films are great but I recommend to watch this one because is top, even though read the book is even better.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! How are you? I hope that you are fine.
    In relation to your topic I haven’t watched this movie, but for your description it seems very interesting.
    Really, I don’t go to cinemas, only when my boyfriend and my mother like to go.
    My favorite movie is “A beautiful mind”. This film is based on real life. The film opened in US cinemas on December 21, 2001.
    This movie narrates the history of a mathematician that when he was studying mathematics he begins developing paranoid schizophrenia. Medical treatments and the help and support of his wife, he could go out forward.
    This movie won four Oscar for best movie, best director and best actress (Jennifer Connelly).
    I have this film in DVD and if you want you to watch it, you will be welcome to enjoy it together.
    See you!

    ReplyDelete